Vermont’s Comprehensive System of Personnel Development
“Integrating, aligning and coordinating Vermont’s Early Childhood system
to support and retain qualified personnel.”
“This subcomponent requires that Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) use curricula and offer programs of study that prepare individuals to meet the personnel standards established by the state and/or national professional organizations. IHE programs of study are expected to provide training that results in individuals acquiring the specified knowledge, skills, and competencies required for credentialing in the state, and to do so using evidence-based professional development practices and instructional methods, including providing sufficient field-based experiences and practica in a variety of inclusive early childhood settings.
Quality Indicator 5: Institution of higher education (IHE) programs and curricula across disciplines are aligned with both national professional organization personnel standards and state personnel standards.
Quality Indicator 6: Institution of higher education programs and curricula address early childhood development and discipline specific pedagogy.
IHE programs and curricula:
- recruit and prepare personnel.
- are based on knowledge and skill competencies that are operationalized, defined by example and aligned with state and national standards.
- use evidence-based instructional methods to teach and supervise adult learners.
- contain evidence-based practices for delays, disabilities and working with families.
- provide an adequate number of relevant field experiences in a variety of settings.
- are coordinated to ensure an adequate number.
- are reviewed, evaluated and updated regularly.
- are aligned with quality initiatives and evaluation systems.
- collaborate, plan and align with inservice so there is a continuum of knowledge to mastery.”
This workgroup does not yet meet regularly. To provide input, get involved or get more information, please send comments, questions, suggestions to Kati.Ringer@partner.vermont.gov.